Darren Sammy wants Windies to play like champions
Brisbane: Captain Darren Sammy wants the West Indies to play like world champions when they meet Australia in a one-off Twenty20 international Wednesday.
West Indies are the Word T20 champions and their match against Australia is coming on the heels of a dreaded whitewash in a five-match ODI series.
Sammy says his men have not played like the team that won the T20 title in Sri Lanka last year and is therefore promising the Aussies a show at the Gabba.
"We have to come and play like true champions. We are the World Champions and we want to showcase our skills and show the people of Australia what we have," Sammy said.
"We have not demonstrated that a lot on this tour so we have to look to put it together Wednesday."
The West Indies beat Australia in the semi-finals and went on to defeat Sri Lanka in the final of the ICC T20 World Cup.
Sammy, hoping for a similar performance Wednesday, has vowed that his side will be "going all out for a win".
"We have an opportunity to finish the tour on a high. We did the job very well in Sri Lanka last year. The last time we played against Australia in this format we completely outplayed them so that is the kind of motivation we will carry into the match," said the Windies captain.
"The people over here in Australia have been very supportive of us and we have not demonstrated our very best cricket for them to see, so we want to give them something special before we head back home."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why