Dav Whatmore has failed to deliver: Inzamam-ul-Haq
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has criticised the national team`s Australian coach Dav Whatmore, saying that he has failed to deliver the results that were expected of him.
"Honestly speaking when Dav came they were lot of expectations from him and I don`t think he has delivered to those expectations," Inzamam said in an interview.
"The main thing is when the board hired a foreign coach the emphasis was that he would bring about visible improvements in our team and that has not happened from what we have seen since he took over," Inzamam said.
Whatmore was brought in to replace former Test player Mohsin Khan as Pakistan`s head coach in March, 2012 and since then has faced plenty of criticism over his performance with the team.
Inzamam, who played 120 Tests and 378 one-dayers in an illustrious career and also worked as captain for four years with another foreign coach Bob Woolmer, said he expected a lot from Whatmore.
"Perhaps I spoke because of my experience with how Bob (Woolmer) worked with the team. Unfortunately Whatmore has not been able to deliver in many ways.
"I don`t think we need a foreign coach I think we can do better with our own coach because certainly we have the calibre at home for this job," he said.
But he defended the team`s performance against Zimbabwe after the loss in the first one-day international.
"Cricket is a sport and should be treated as one. You have to lose sometime and I don`t think losing to Zimbabwe was a big upset as made out. They played better cricket on that day and beat us fair and square."
But he pointed out that the Pakistani players had shown character by bouncing back in the series to win it 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday