Dav Whatmore steps down from position of KKR coach
Kolkata: Tipped to take over as Pakistan coach, Dav Whatmore today resigned from the post of chief coach Kolkata Knight Riders citing his inability to continue in the job.
Whatmore who replaced John Buchanan before the third edition of Indian Premier League coached the team for two seasons. In the first season, they finished sixth but a revamped team under Gautam Gambhir reached the knock-outs during the last edition thereby qualifying for the Champions League.
In his parting statement, Whatmore said, "The team has progressed in the right direction... I wish the team continued success and look forward to them progressing to silverware in 2012. Many thanks to those who have supported and believed in me."
It is learnt that the Pakistan Cricket Board has invited Whatmore in the second week of January to discuss his appointment.
The Knight Riders CEO, Venky Mysore in his statement also indicated that Whatmore won`t be around as he wants to pursue an international coaching role.
"We have been most supportive of Dav`s keen interest in pursuing an international coaching role and wish him the very best. His decision to resign is to ensure that KKR is able to plan for the transition and we thank him for that," Mysore said.
With the IPL V auction slated for February 4, the likely replacement is expected to be announced very shortly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt