David Hussey ‘pining for baggy green’ during Australia’s tour to India
Sydney: David Hussey wants to join the Australian Test team for its tour of India, which is starting in February.
The 35-year-old, who has played 64 One-Day and 39 Twenty20 matches for Australia, but has never donned a baggy green, said his ability to play spin and his experience would benefit the team
Australian coach Mickey Arthur this week had said that ‘the (selection) ground rules have changed’ after the retirement of Hussey’s older brother Mike, 37, and former captain Ricky Ponting, 38, news.com.au reports.
According to the report, Usman Khawaja, 26, was the frontrunner for Mike Hussey’s Test place, but all-rounder Glenn Maxwell, 24, will get the chance to enter into the top of the waiting list when he replaces injured Shane Watson in the Third Test, starting on Thursday.
Hussey has 41 first class centuries and 55 half-tons at an average of 53.70.
Australia will play four Tests in India, with the first starting on February 22.
Hussey, who is turning 36 in July, said that age was not against him, and would love to prove himself against the Indians, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents