David Hussey`s axing from Victorian team not end of career, says selector
Sydney: Australian cricketer David Hussey has been dropped from Victoria`s Sheffield Shield team for the match against Tasmania, on Wednesday.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, chairman of selectors Andrew Lynch insisted Hussey`s axing would not necessarily spell the end of the veteran batsman`s first-class career.
He said that it had been a terribly tough decision with Glenn Maxwell coming back and all their batsmen in pretty good form, adding that Hussey had been a great player for Victoria and Australia, and they were looking forward to him contributing more to Victorian cricket.
The 36-year-old has made 44, seven and 13 in his first three hits of the shield season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more