David Hussey`s axing from Victorian team not end of career, says selector
Sydney: Australian cricketer David Hussey has been dropped from Victoria`s Sheffield Shield team for the match against Tasmania, on Wednesday.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, chairman of selectors Andrew Lynch insisted Hussey`s axing would not necessarily spell the end of the veteran batsman`s first-class career.
He said that it had been a terribly tough decision with Glenn Maxwell coming back and all their batsmen in pretty good form, adding that Hussey had been a great player for Victoria and Australia, and they were looking forward to him contributing more to Victorian cricket.
The 36-year-old has made 44, seven and 13 in his first three hits of the shield season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read