David Hussey`s axing from Victorian team not end of career, says selector
Sydney: Australian cricketer David Hussey has been dropped from Victoria`s Sheffield Shield team for the match against Tasmania, on Wednesday.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, chairman of selectors Andrew Lynch insisted Hussey`s axing would not necessarily spell the end of the veteran batsman`s first-class career.
He said that it had been a terribly tough decision with Glenn Maxwell coming back and all their batsmen in pretty good form, adding that Hussey had been a great player for Victoria and Australia, and they were looking forward to him contributing more to Victorian cricket.
The 36-year-old has made 44, seven and 13 in his first three hits of the shield season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt to cap Airfares during crises, natural calamities?
- WATCH: Brendon McCullum's unbelievable fielding effort vs Delhi Daredevils in Match 31 of IPL 2016
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- Get LeEco Le 1s Eco at introductory price of Rs 9,999; flash sale on May 12
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?