David Hussey to lead Bushrangers after White`s switch to RCB
Melbourne: With all-rounder Cameron White choosing Royal Challengers Bangalore, the Victoria Bushrangers will now be captained by David Hussey in the Champions League T20 cricket tournament starting September 10 in South Africa.
White will now join star South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis and New Zealander Ross Taylor in the Vijay Mallya-owned side, which had to pay a compensatory fee of USD 200,000 to the Bushrangers for permitting White to play for the IPL franchise.
"We certainly would have loved to have Cameron available to play and captain the Victorian side at Champions League, but we understand the situation he finds himself in and the decision to demonstrate his integrity as a sporting professional and honour his contract with Bangalore, Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide was quoted as saying in the `Herald Sun`.
David Hussey has played for IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders in the last three editions of the Indian Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week