David Hussey to lead Bushrangers after White`s switch to RCB
Melbourne: With all-rounder Cameron White choosing Royal Challengers Bangalore, the Victoria Bushrangers will now be captained by David Hussey in the Champions League T20 cricket tournament starting September 10 in South Africa.
White will now join star South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis and New Zealander Ross Taylor in the Vijay Mallya-owned side, which had to pay a compensatory fee of USD 200,000 to the Bushrangers for permitting White to play for the IPL franchise.
"We certainly would have loved to have Cameron available to play and captain the Victorian side at Champions League, but we understand the situation he finds himself in and the decision to demonstrate his integrity as a sporting professional and honour his contract with Bangalore, Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide was quoted as saying in the `Herald Sun`.
David Hussey has played for IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders in the last three editions of the Indian Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'