David Hussey to lead Bushrangers after White`s switch to RCB
Melbourne: With all-rounder Cameron White choosing Royal Challengers Bangalore, the Victoria Bushrangers will now be captained by David Hussey in the Champions League T20 cricket tournament starting September 10 in South Africa.
White will now join star South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis and New Zealander Ross Taylor in the Vijay Mallya-owned side, which had to pay a compensatory fee of USD 200,000 to the Bushrangers for permitting White to play for the IPL franchise.
"We certainly would have loved to have Cameron available to play and captain the Victorian side at Champions League, but we understand the situation he finds himself in and the decision to demonstrate his integrity as a sporting professional and honour his contract with Bangalore, Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide was quoted as saying in the `Herald Sun`.
David Hussey has played for IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders in the last three editions of the Indian Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!