David Hussey to lead Bushrangers after White`s switch to RCB
Melbourne: With all-rounder Cameron White choosing Royal Challengers Bangalore, the Victoria Bushrangers will now be captained by David Hussey in the Champions League T20 cricket tournament starting September 10 in South Africa.
White will now join star South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis and New Zealander Ross Taylor in the Vijay Mallya-owned side, which had to pay a compensatory fee of USD 200,000 to the Bushrangers for permitting White to play for the IPL franchise.
"We certainly would have loved to have Cameron available to play and captain the Victorian side at Champions League, but we understand the situation he finds himself in and the decision to demonstrate his integrity as a sporting professional and honour his contract with Bangalore, Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide was quoted as saying in the `Herald Sun`.
David Hussey has played for IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders in the last three editions of the Indian Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni a step closer to main draw
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs