DCC fields 10 candidates for DDCA Sports Committee election
New Delhi: The Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA)`s Sports Committee, led by Vinod Tihara, is expected to face a tough fight from the members of the Delhi Cricket Council (DCC) which will field 10 candidates for tomorrow`s elections.
The Sports Committee is the most influential body in the DDCA with powers of deciding on each and every cricket related matter including the selection of the senior as well as junior age-group teams.
The members of the DCC faction released their election manifesto on Thursday where they have alleged that the Tihara-led group has indulged in "nepotism, blatant corruption, favouritism while selecting age-group teams" to name a few.
The DCC members, who will be contesting for all the 10 posts in the sports committee, in their election manifesto have proposed that each of the 111 affiliated units, get 25 tickets of every international match as well as IPL match.
Some of the cricketing proposals include increasing local umpires’ fees to Rs 1000, starting a U-16 club league and local T20 tournament, covered pitches and good quality balls for all local tournaments.
Former Delhi Ranji Trophy cricketer and current ONGC coach Gautam Vadhera is one of the candidates who will be fighting the elections.
"We would surely like to improve upon the current scenario. But if one or two of us get elected in the Sports Committee, it is hardly of any use as our suggestions will just be brushed under the carpet. For the betterment of the game, it is important that whole committee or at least the majority comes into power," Vadhera, who represented senior Delhi team b/w 1992 to 1995, said on Thursday.
DCC Group: Dr Ahmad Tamim, Ajit Singh Madhok, Anil Kumar Passi, Gautam Vadhera, Lalit Sharma, Manbir Singh Bhatia, N K Sharma (Chikku), P K Soni, Rajiv Malhotra, Ramesh Sachdeva
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune