DCC fields 10 candidates for DDCA Sports Committee election
New Delhi: The Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA)`s Sports Committee, led by Vinod Tihara, is expected to face a tough fight from the members of the Delhi Cricket Council (DCC) which will field 10 candidates for tomorrow`s elections.
The Sports Committee is the most influential body in the DDCA with powers of deciding on each and every cricket related matter including the selection of the senior as well as junior age-group teams.
The members of the DCC faction released their election manifesto on Thursday where they have alleged that the Tihara-led group has indulged in "nepotism, blatant corruption, favouritism while selecting age-group teams" to name a few.
The DCC members, who will be contesting for all the 10 posts in the sports committee, in their election manifesto have proposed that each of the 111 affiliated units, get 25 tickets of every international match as well as IPL match.
Some of the cricketing proposals include increasing local umpires’ fees to Rs 1000, starting a U-16 club league and local T20 tournament, covered pitches and good quality balls for all local tournaments.
Former Delhi Ranji Trophy cricketer and current ONGC coach Gautam Vadhera is one of the candidates who will be fighting the elections.
"We would surely like to improve upon the current scenario. But if one or two of us get elected in the Sports Committee, it is hardly of any use as our suggestions will just be brushed under the carpet. For the betterment of the game, it is important that whole committee or at least the majority comes into power," Vadhera, who represented senior Delhi team b/w 1992 to 1995, said on Thursday.
DCC Group: Dr Ahmad Tamim, Ajit Singh Madhok, Anil Kumar Passi, Gautam Vadhera, Lalit Sharma, Manbir Singh Bhatia, N K Sharma (Chikku), P K Soni, Rajiv Malhotra, Ramesh Sachdeva
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?