DCC fields 10 candidates for DDCA Sports Committee election
New Delhi: The Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA)`s Sports Committee, led by Vinod Tihara, is expected to face a tough fight from the members of the Delhi Cricket Council (DCC) which will field 10 candidates for tomorrow`s elections.
The Sports Committee is the most influential body in the DDCA with powers of deciding on each and every cricket related matter including the selection of the senior as well as junior age-group teams.
The members of the DCC faction released their election manifesto on Thursday where they have alleged that the Tihara-led group has indulged in "nepotism, blatant corruption, favouritism while selecting age-group teams" to name a few.
The DCC members, who will be contesting for all the 10 posts in the sports committee, in their election manifesto have proposed that each of the 111 affiliated units, get 25 tickets of every international match as well as IPL match.
Some of the cricketing proposals include increasing local umpires’ fees to Rs 1000, starting a U-16 club league and local T20 tournament, covered pitches and good quality balls for all local tournaments.
Former Delhi Ranji Trophy cricketer and current ONGC coach Gautam Vadhera is one of the candidates who will be fighting the elections.
"We would surely like to improve upon the current scenario. But if one or two of us get elected in the Sports Committee, it is hardly of any use as our suggestions will just be brushed under the carpet. For the betterment of the game, it is important that whole committee or at least the majority comes into power," Vadhera, who represented senior Delhi team b/w 1992 to 1995, said on Thursday.
DCC Group: Dr Ahmad Tamim, Ajit Singh Madhok, Anil Kumar Passi, Gautam Vadhera, Lalit Sharma, Manbir Singh Bhatia, N K Sharma (Chikku), P K Soni, Rajiv Malhotra, Ramesh Sachdeva
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh