DD appoints Snape as Performance Coach
New Delhi: Delhi Daredevils has appointed former England cricketer Jeremy Snape as the team`s Performance Coach for the Indian Premier League season.
Snape, who helped South Africa in their journey as the top Test-playing team, will work with the coaching and support staff of Delhi Daredevils.
"We`re happy to welcome Jeremy as Performance Coach," said GMR Sports` Head (Cricket) T A Sekar.
"We believe he has the right credentials to help the Delhi Daredevils achieve its goals. We are sure he will bring in fresh ideas and help the coaching staff bring the best out of the players in a high performance environment.
"We are sure that Snape will enable the players be on the edge of their comfort zones as they deliver high performance through the coming season," he added.
The 39-year-old Snape, who founded one of Britain`s leading Performance Coaching companies, said he was delighted to be joining the Daredevils for the 2013 IPL season.
"The mental side of T20 is both fascinating and vital and I look forward to supporting the players and coaches to achieve their ambitions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan