DDCA didn`t support Mohinder when BCCI ousted him: Bedi
New Delhi: Former India captain Bishan Singh Bedi today blasted the Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) for not "pulling their weight behind" Mohinder Amarnath who was removed from selector`s post after his first season.
Without naming him, Bedi also didn`t spare BCCI president N Srinivasan and questioned the manner in which he functions.
"It would have been an honour for North Zone and Mohinder was suppose to become the chairman of selectors but got the boot as some people had personal interests," Bedi stated during a media interaction organised by Kirti Azad at the Constitution Club today.
"In BCCI one chap is omnipresent and no one can challenge him. I tell you that is not a good sign," Bedi said, in an apparent reference to Srinivisan though he did not take his name.
Bedi accused DDCA sports secretary and former India team manager (tour of South Africa) Sunil Dev of not doing enough at the BCCI AGM and also termed him as the man responsible for "ruining Delhi cricket."
"Could BCCI have done what they have done if DDCA had pulled their weight behind him? Everyone knows about Jimmy`s credentials and character, yet it is unfortunate that he did not get support from DDCA.
"Our Hon President (Arun Jaitley) authorized sports secretary (Sunil Dev) to represent DDCA in the recent board meeting in Mumbai. And what did Delhi get? Three posts including Vice-chairmanship of NCA and membership of umpiring committee went to that man. He (Dev) is the man who has ruined Delhi cricket by masterminding and colluding in activities clearly subversive of cricket," he said.
DDCA general secretary Sneh Bansal however refuted the
allegations that Amarnath didn`t get the association`s backing.
"We had tried our best to convince BCCI on Amarnath issue but the appointment of selectors is parent body`s prerogative. We did what we could have done the best," Bansal told PTI today.
Bedi said that he has found Arun Jaitley to be a "decent human being" but he has "complaints about what he has done to Delhi cricket." He has let people like Sunil Dev, Vinod Tihara and C K Khanna call the shots.
Former cricketer Kirti Azad who has been the most active DDCA critic furnished documents which showed that Sunil Dev had allegedly spent Rs 6 lakh for travelling expenses during the 2010-11 season.
When questioned, Bansal replied,"Dev had submitted each and every bill. As the head of sports committee, he is supposed to watch the most number of matches and his travel expenses are justified."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray