De Villiers confident of sustained ODI success for Proteas in future
Johannesburg: AB de Villiers is confident his South African one-day team would consistently get success in the fifty-over format in future, ahead of their second match against Pakistan at Centurion on Friday.
The one-day skipper did, however, ask fans to be patient with the team after they won the first game by 125 runs in Bloemfontein last Sunday. De Villiers told a South African website the performance in the first ODI was a big step in the right direction, but there are four matches left in the series and they are far from the finished product yet.
The Proteas have been inconsistent in the 50-over format in the last few years and De Villiers said they were working hard on improving all their on and off-field processes, which would eventually result in more consistent results. De Villiers added they are doing things more consistently well than they did in the past, adding their training, their video analysis and basically everything they do, off and on the field, has improved since Gary Kirsten has been head coach.
De Villiers added they have also lost some senior players and the new guys will have time to find their feet at this level, adding he firmly believes that it`s only a matter of time before they start delivering the sort of performances the public is used to seeing from their Test team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27