De Villiers doesn`t share Botham`s pessimism over Aussies` Ashes prospects
Sydney: South African captain AB de Villiers has reportedly said that the Australians are preparing for a bigger counter attack especially after losing to England at Edgbaston and vouched for the Australian cricket team`s Ashes prospects.
De Villiers` comments on Australia come as cricket commentator Ian Botham had said that Australia is an inferior team and England would have defeated them even in Mars.
Botham had predicted the England will beat Australia by 10-0 score between July and January next year, even though the Ashes campaign will not begin until July 10.
However, de Villiers is confident that Australia has good chances of competing in the Ashes and priming themselves up against England, despite Botham`s insistence that only bad weather can sustain Australia during the Ashes as England is a `far superior` team and have won the last two Ashes encounters.
Botham had said that he strongly believes that England can easily defeat Australia that has not played good cricket off late and the England players only need to believe that they can do it.
Botham also opined that although the Australian team consists of fighters, they are not only struggling to keep a fast bowler on the field for more than one game at a time, losing batsmen like Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey has caused a big loss to the team.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India