De Villiers excited by young Proteas talent
Johannesburg: South Africa batsman AB de Villiers has said he is excited by the new talent coming through the domestic system, as the Proteas squad prepares for the first Twenty20 international against Pakistan at Kingsmead on Friday.
The squad features a solid mixture of youth and experience, with domestic players receiving the rewards for consistent performances, Sport24 reports.
De Villiers said it is a nice way of giving youngsters a chance to perform and to showcase their talent, adding he definitely see why they are doing that. De Villiers added there is so many youngsters that have come through that have won games for their domestic teams on a regular basis.
Pakistan pose a different threat with the white ball, and will be confident after winning the previous encounter between the two nations at the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka last year.
Knowledge of the conditions and the exuberant talent in the squad will count in South Africa``s favour, at a venue where they recently thrashed New Zealand by eight wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak