De Villiers expects `improved performance` from Proteas against Lanka in ODI series
Johannesburg: South African batsman AB de Villiers has said that he expects his squad to give an improved performance in the three-match ODI series against Sri Lanka starting in Colombo on Sunday.
De Villiers said that South Africa did quite a few things wrong last year as they were defeated 4-1.
According to Sport24, he said that he feels that South Africa has a more experienced team with the return of Jacques Kallis, adding that the all-rounder has been working with some of the younger guys on how to play spin properly and he feels that the guys learnt valuable lessons individually on how to play spin here last year.
Di Villiers said that South Africa has also learnt how to look after the weather as it makes it difficult to build an innings and partnerships.
Kallis, who has been struggling with stiffness in his upper back, is likely to be available for selection for Sunday`s match, subject to his condition on Sunday.
De Villiers said that the six days together in Colombo had helped the team acclimatize to the conditions, and to gel as a unit after a seven-month break from ODI cricket.
De Villiers also said that Sri Lanka play really good cricket at home, adding that they know their conditions really well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?