De Villiers `happy and proud` of `magnificent` ODI series win against Pakistan
Johannesburg: South African ODI captain AB de Villiers said that he is happy that his team won the one-day series against Pakistan in the UAE, and added that he is proud of each and every one of the team.
South Africa took an unassailable 3-1 lead in the five-match series after a hard fought 28-run win in the fourth game in Abu Dhabi on Friday night, and De Villiers was especially delighted with their comeback from their 4-1 loss to Sri Lanka in July.
According to Sport24, De Villiers said that he is happy that the team made their ODI comeback and that he is proud of each and every one in the team as a series win away from home is never easy especially after a bad defeat in Sri Lanka and against a world-class team like Pakistan.
De Villiers further said that although they were excited at the start of the game, they were also a bit nervous at the prospect of what was lying ahead in the make-or-break game, adding that his team gave a solid and magnificent response to Pakistan.
De Villiers also said that the series win is a small step in the right direction even though they are not a great side yet, and he singled out bowler Dale Steyn for praise, saying that Steyn is an impact player for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?