De Villiers keen to lead from the front
Johannesburg: South Africa`s new one-day and Twenty20 captain AB de Villiers has said that he won`t be shying away from the additional responsibility, and added that he is looking forward to lead by example.
"Gary (Coach Gary Kirsten) and I will make plans and ensure that I don`t carry too much on my shoulders. I would like to lead by example. I want to be that kind of captain. It`s important for me to get runs and lead from the front," he was quoted as saying.
De Villiers also said that he was looking forward to working with Kirsten, who will be the coach of the South African cricket team for the next two years.
"I think we will work very well together," he said.
De Villiers has been a member of the South African cricket team since 2004, the year when Kirsten retired from international cricket.
He described his new responsibility as a huge honour and privilege, and added that he was eagerly looking forward to the challenge.
He said that he expected captaincy of the national side to motivate him to play better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur