De Villiers lauds debutant Abbott’s performance as ‘every captain’s dream’
Johannesburg: South African veteran A B De Villiers has lauded debutant seamer Kyle Abbott, saying that he had delivered a ‘dream performance’ after South Africa enforced the follow-on in the third day of the final Test against Pakistan on Saturday.
According to De Villiers, Abbott had delivered a performance that a captain dreamt of, adding that the seamer has a lot of control which pressurises the opposing batsman, Sport24 reports.
De Villiers, who scored his 16th Test century on the same day and took South Africa over their initial target of 300 runs in their first innings, also said that Abbott had made important breakthroughs in the match by hauling in a number of big wickets for the Proteas.
After South Africa made 409 in their first innings, Pakistan were bowled out for 156 and captain Graeme Smith made the surprising decision to enforce the follow-on, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users