De Villiers lauds debutant Abbott’s performance as ‘every captain’s dream’
Johannesburg: South African veteran A B De Villiers has lauded debutant seamer Kyle Abbott, saying that he had delivered a ‘dream performance’ after South Africa enforced the follow-on in the third day of the final Test against Pakistan on Saturday.
According to De Villiers, Abbott had delivered a performance that a captain dreamt of, adding that the seamer has a lot of control which pressurises the opposing batsman, Sport24 reports.
De Villiers, who scored his 16th Test century on the same day and took South Africa over their initial target of 300 runs in their first innings, also said that Abbott had made important breakthroughs in the match by hauling in a number of big wickets for the Proteas.
After South Africa made 409 in their first innings, Pakistan were bowled out for 156 and captain Graeme Smith made the surprising decision to enforce the follow-on, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'