De Villiers lauds debutant Abbott’s performance as ‘every captain’s dream’
Johannesburg: South African veteran A B De Villiers has lauded debutant seamer Kyle Abbott, saying that he had delivered a ‘dream performance’ after South Africa enforced the follow-on in the third day of the final Test against Pakistan on Saturday.
According to De Villiers, Abbott had delivered a performance that a captain dreamt of, adding that the seamer has a lot of control which pressurises the opposing batsman, Sport24 reports.
De Villiers, who scored his 16th Test century on the same day and took South Africa over their initial target of 300 runs in their first innings, also said that Abbott had made important breakthroughs in the match by hauling in a number of big wickets for the Proteas.
After South Africa made 409 in their first innings, Pakistan were bowled out for 156 and captain Graeme Smith made the surprising decision to enforce the follow-on, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh
- A rat-free land: New Zealand announces plan to become 'predator-free' by 2050!