De Villiers lauds debutant Abbott’s performance as ‘every captain’s dream’
Johannesburg: South African veteran A B De Villiers has lauded debutant seamer Kyle Abbott, saying that he had delivered a ‘dream performance’ after South Africa enforced the follow-on in the third day of the final Test against Pakistan on Saturday.
According to De Villiers, Abbott had delivered a performance that a captain dreamt of, adding that the seamer has a lot of control which pressurises the opposing batsman, Sport24 reports.
De Villiers, who scored his 16th Test century on the same day and took South Africa over their initial target of 300 runs in their first innings, also said that Abbott had made important breakthroughs in the match by hauling in a number of big wickets for the Proteas.
After South Africa made 409 in their first innings, Pakistan were bowled out for 156 and captain Graeme Smith made the surprising decision to enforce the follow-on, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch