De Villiers lauds debutant Abbott’s performance as ‘every captain’s dream’
Johannesburg: South African veteran A B De Villiers has lauded debutant seamer Kyle Abbott, saying that he had delivered a ‘dream performance’ after South Africa enforced the follow-on in the third day of the final Test against Pakistan on Saturday.
According to De Villiers, Abbott had delivered a performance that a captain dreamt of, adding that the seamer has a lot of control which pressurises the opposing batsman, Sport24 reports.
De Villiers, who scored his 16th Test century on the same day and took South Africa over their initial target of 300 runs in their first innings, also said that Abbott had made important breakthroughs in the match by hauling in a number of big wickets for the Proteas.
After South Africa made 409 in their first innings, Pakistan were bowled out for 156 and captain Graeme Smith made the surprising decision to enforce the follow-on, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says