De Villiers says Proteas better prepared for second ODI against England
Southampton: South Africa one-day captain AB de Villiers has sent a stern warning to England, saying they are better prepared for the second match at the Rose Bowl on Tuesday after the first match of the series at Cardiff was abandoned due to heavy rains.
“If anything, we are a little bit better prepared this time around. It happened so quickly after the Test series and I think both teams were a little bit in the Test mix, so it`s nice to go into the second ODI fully prepared and refreshed,” Sports24 quoted De Villiers, as saying.
De Villiers said he was not sure if the pitch would be better suited to batting or bowling first.
“It`s pretty even. We`ve looked at the results and it`s a toss-up between batting and bowling first,” De Villiers said.
“We have to focus on the basics and make sure that we have a good start. It`s all about the momentum. It might take a bit of turn, so we`ll think of that when we pick the team tonight,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city