De Villiers says Proteas better prepared for second ODI against England
Southampton: South Africa one-day captain AB de Villiers has sent a stern warning to England, saying they are better prepared for the second match at the Rose Bowl on Tuesday after the first match of the series at Cardiff was abandoned due to heavy rains.
“If anything, we are a little bit better prepared this time around. It happened so quickly after the Test series and I think both teams were a little bit in the Test mix, so it`s nice to go into the second ODI fully prepared and refreshed,” Sports24 quoted De Villiers, as saying.
De Villiers said he was not sure if the pitch would be better suited to batting or bowling first.
“It`s pretty even. We`ve looked at the results and it`s a toss-up between batting and bowling first,” De Villiers said.
“We have to focus on the basics and make sure that we have a good start. It`s all about the momentum. It might take a bit of turn, so we`ll think of that when we pick the team tonight,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar