De Villiers says Proteas better prepared for second ODI against England
Southampton: South Africa one-day captain AB de Villiers has sent a stern warning to England, saying they are better prepared for the second match at the Rose Bowl on Tuesday after the first match of the series at Cardiff was abandoned due to heavy rains.
“If anything, we are a little bit better prepared this time around. It happened so quickly after the Test series and I think both teams were a little bit in the Test mix, so it`s nice to go into the second ODI fully prepared and refreshed,” Sports24 quoted De Villiers, as saying.
De Villiers said he was not sure if the pitch would be better suited to batting or bowling first.
“It`s pretty even. We`ve looked at the results and it`s a toss-up between batting and bowling first,” De Villiers said.
“We have to focus on the basics and make sure that we have a good start. It`s all about the momentum. It might take a bit of turn, so we`ll think of that when we pick the team tonight,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot