De Villiers says SA in `good mood` ahead of second Test against
Johannesburg: South African vice-captain AB de Villiers has said his team`s `mood is good` despite their disappointing performance in the first Test against Pakistan, in which they lost by seven wickets in Abu Dhabi.
South Africa slumped to 249 and 232 against a spin-cum pace Pakistan attack and failed to stop their rivals from putting up a mammoth 442 for a comfortable win.
According to Sport24, although De Villiers admitted that he and his teammates were disappointed at losing in the first Test, he however, expressed confidence that the side can rectify the problems which led to their defeat in the first Test and achieve success in the second Test, which starts on Wednesday.
Stating that their mood is good, De Villiers further said that they have looked at a few areas where they went wrong and are going to rectify them ahead of the second Test as it is a must-win game for them, adding that they are still the number one Test team in the world and will play like one in the second Test.
According to De Villiers, they did not do the basics well and did not adapt to the conditions quickly for which they failed in the first Test, although he hailed Pakistani Pakistan`s bowling, led by off-spinner Saeed Ajmal, adding that they bowled quite well with clever plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'