De Villiers says `settling comfortably` as Proteas ODI captain
Johannesburg: AB de Villiers has claimed he is settling comfortably in his role as South Africa`s one-day captain after coming through one of his toughest matches in charge against Pakistan in Johannesburg.
The Proteas` thrilling 34-run victory over Pakistan at the Wanderers on Sunday tested the captain`s nerves under pressure, especially during Shahid Afridi`s late onslaught.
On the eve of the fourth ODI in Durban, De Villiers said it gives him a lot of satisfaction to win a game like that, adding the part that he enjoyed the most was the fielding, the 50 overs in the field.
De Villiers added he felt like it was the best game that he has had as a captain so far, adding he felt like he had a lot more time and he used the experience of Graeme Smith and Hashim Amla, which is always helpful in times of need.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan