De Villiers says `settling comfortably` as Proteas ODI captain
Johannesburg: AB de Villiers has claimed he is settling comfortably in his role as South Africa`s one-day captain after coming through one of his toughest matches in charge against Pakistan in Johannesburg.
The Proteas` thrilling 34-run victory over Pakistan at the Wanderers on Sunday tested the captain`s nerves under pressure, especially during Shahid Afridi`s late onslaught.
On the eve of the fourth ODI in Durban, De Villiers said it gives him a lot of satisfaction to win a game like that, adding the part that he enjoyed the most was the fielding, the 50 overs in the field.
De Villiers added he felt like it was the best game that he has had as a captain so far, adding he felt like he had a lot more time and he used the experience of Graeme Smith and Hashim Amla, which is always helpful in times of need.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'