Delhi Daredevils sign up 3 players from domestic circuit
New Delhi: Indian Premier League franchise Delhi Daredevils have signed up three domestic players, including a teenaged all-rounder, for the upcoming IPL season.
Delhi`s 19-year-old allrounder Pawan Negi and the batting duo of Manprit Juneja (Gujarat) and Kuldeep Chandrakant Raval (Saurashtra) will join the Daredevils in the season starting April 4.
"We are delighted to have signed up talented cricketers we spotted on the domestic circuit this season," the team`s Mentor TA Sekar said in a statement.
"Together with picking up Kevin Pietersen this season, we have been taking the steps necessary for us to become a competitive squad again. We are confident that we will have the right mix of players to choose from for all our games this season."
Delhi Daredevils also announced buying out former India all-rounder S Sriram, South African all-rounder Robert Frylinck, leg-spinner Vivek Yadav and left-arm spinner Rajesh Pawar`s contracts.
Sriram, 35, played one game while the other three did not figure in any of the matches for Delhi Daredevils last season. Earlier, all-rounder Andrew McDonald was traded with Royal Challengers Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone