Delhi Daredevils sign up 3 players from domestic circuit
New Delhi: Indian Premier League franchise Delhi Daredevils have signed up three domestic players, including a teenaged all-rounder, for the upcoming IPL season.
Delhi`s 19-year-old allrounder Pawan Negi and the batting duo of Manprit Juneja (Gujarat) and Kuldeep Chandrakant Raval (Saurashtra) will join the Daredevils in the season starting April 4.
"We are delighted to have signed up talented cricketers we spotted on the domestic circuit this season," the team`s Mentor TA Sekar said in a statement.
"Together with picking up Kevin Pietersen this season, we have been taking the steps necessary for us to become a competitive squad again. We are confident that we will have the right mix of players to choose from for all our games this season."
Delhi Daredevils also announced buying out former India all-rounder S Sriram, South African all-rounder Robert Frylinck, leg-spinner Vivek Yadav and left-arm spinner Rajesh Pawar`s contracts.
Sriram, 35, played one game while the other three did not figure in any of the matches for Delhi Daredevils last season. Earlier, all-rounder Andrew McDonald was traded with Royal Challengers Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country