Delhi Daredevils sign up 3 players from domestic circuit
New Delhi: Indian Premier League franchise Delhi Daredevils have signed up three domestic players, including a teenaged all-rounder, for the upcoming IPL season.
Delhi`s 19-year-old allrounder Pawan Negi and the batting duo of Manprit Juneja (Gujarat) and Kuldeep Chandrakant Raval (Saurashtra) will join the Daredevils in the season starting April 4.
"We are delighted to have signed up talented cricketers we spotted on the domestic circuit this season," the team`s Mentor TA Sekar said in a statement.
"Together with picking up Kevin Pietersen this season, we have been taking the steps necessary for us to become a competitive squad again. We are confident that we will have the right mix of players to choose from for all our games this season."
Delhi Daredevils also announced buying out former India all-rounder S Sriram, South African all-rounder Robert Frylinck, leg-spinner Vivek Yadav and left-arm spinner Rajesh Pawar`s contracts.
Sriram, 35, played one game while the other three did not figure in any of the matches for Delhi Daredevils last season. Earlier, all-rounder Andrew McDonald was traded with Royal Challengers Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official