Delhi HC allows BCCI to hold SGM
Zee media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi HC has allowed the BCCI to hold its special general body meeting to consider report against Lalit Modi on alleged irregularities in IPL.
Earlier on Tuesday, the BCCI has challenged a trial court’s order in Delhi High Court that barred it from holding its Special General Meeting (SGM).
The board had organised a meeting on September 25 to discuss the report submitted by its disciplinary committee on former India Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi for his alleged involvement in financial irregularities during his tenure.
The court heard the BCCI’s plea that mentioned that the trial court had no jurisdiction to pass such an order considering the meeting was scheduled to take place in Chennai.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set