Delhi HC allows BCCI to hold SGM
Zee media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi HC has allowed the BCCI to hold its special general body meeting to consider report against Lalit Modi on alleged irregularities in IPL.
Earlier on Tuesday, the BCCI has challenged a trial court’s order in Delhi High Court that barred it from holding its Special General Meeting (SGM).
The board had organised a meeting on September 25 to discuss the report submitted by its disciplinary committee on former India Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi for his alleged involvement in financial irregularities during his tenure.
The court heard the BCCI’s plea that mentioned that the trial court had no jurisdiction to pass such an order considering the meeting was scheduled to take place in Chennai.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’