Delhi HC to hear BCCI’s plea for holding SGM to decide Lalit Modi’s fate today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI has challenged a trial court’s order in Delhi High Court that bars it from holding its Special General Meeting (SGM) on Wednesday.
The board had organised a meeting on September 25 to discuss the report submitted by its disciplinary committee on former India Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi for his alleged involvement in financial irregularities during his tenure.
The court will hear BCCI’s plea that says the trial court has no jurisdiction to pass such an order considering the meeting is scheduled to take place in Chennai.
A Delhi Court recently restrained the BCCI to hold its SGM to decide the fate of Modi scheduled for Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you