Delhi HC to hear BCCI’s plea for holding SGM to decide Lalit Modi’s fate today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI has challenged a trial court’s order in Delhi High Court that bars it from holding its Special General Meeting (SGM) on Wednesday.
The board had organised a meeting on September 25 to discuss the report submitted by its disciplinary committee on former India Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi for his alleged involvement in financial irregularities during his tenure.
The court will hear BCCI’s plea that says the trial court has no jurisdiction to pass such an order considering the meeting is scheduled to take place in Chennai.
A Delhi Court recently restrained the BCCI to hold its SGM to decide the fate of Modi scheduled for Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support