Delhi, Madhya Pradesh gear up for an exciting match
Indore: An upbeat Delhi side will be looking for another outright win against a spirited Madhya Pradesh side in an Elite Group B Ranji Trophy match which will start at the Emerald High School ground from Tuesday .
The Delhi team are on a high after their convincing win over Baroda with bonus points and are now at the top of Group B with 10 points from four games.
MP have also made a good comeback after being beaten outright by Baroda in their first match. They got a creditable three points against Bengal after chasing a tough target of 494 and then beat Gujarat by five wickets to have eight points from three matches.
The problem for Delhi has been their batting as most of the top-order batsmen are not being able to convert the starts into big scores. Skipper Mithun Manhas has been guilty of frittering away starts as has been the case with India U-19 captain Unmukt Chand.
Shikhar Dhawan who had a splendid Irani Cup match has also struggled. However the good news has been Punit Bisht`s return to form as his effot of 223 not out paved the way for a Delhi victory.
From the XI of the last match, Pradeep Sangwan having recovered from a groin injury will be coming in place of Sunny Sehrawat.
Ashish Nehra didn`t practice with the team today as he is expected to arrive in the evening. The out-of-favour left-arm seamer`s presence has certainly been a reason for Delhi`s resurgence and that was evident during his match-haul of nine wickets against Baroda.
For Madhya Pradesh, a lot will depend on their hard-hitting wicketkeeper-batsman Naman Ojha and talented one down batsman Mohnish Mishra. Veteran Syed Abbas Ali is likely to get dropped after a string of poor scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM