Delhi name 40 probables list for Vijay Hazare Trophy
New Delhi: The Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) on Friday named a 40-member probables list, to be led by opener Gautam Gambhir, for the Vijay Hazare Trophy ODI championships to begin across the country on February 27.
The team was handpicked today by the DDCA selection committee under the chairmanship of Chetan Chauhan and also attended by selector-cum-convenor Sunil Dev.
Apart from Gambhir, who has already been named as the captain, the probables list also includes out-of-favour Virender Sehwag, left-am pacer Ashish Nehra and lanky fast bowler Ishant Sharma.
Sanjeez Sharma has been named as the chief coach, while Dr. S S Sareen will be the manager of the side for the tournament to be held from February 27 to March 6.
All the players who have been named in the probables list have been asked to report for a preparatory camp at the Feroze Shah Kotla Stadium on February 17.
Delhi will open their campaign in the Vijay Hazare Trophy against Jammu and Kashmir on February 27, the venue of which is yet to be decided.
Probables list: Gautam Gambhir (captain), Virender Sehwag, Unmukt Chand, Mithun Manhas, Puneet Bisht, Sumit Narwal, Ashish Nehra, Ishant Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Manan Sharma, Milind Kumar, Parvinder Awana, Pawan Suyal, Rajat Bhatia, Vaibhav Rawal, Dhruv Shorey, Varun Sood, Jagrit Anand, Pawan Negi, Nitish Rana, Kshitiz Sharma, Vikas Mishra, Rahul Yadav, Yogesh Nagar, Shivam Sharma Jr, Manoj Chauhan, Javed Khan, Shelly Shaurya, Rishit Saini, Vikas Tokas, Navdeep Saini, Aditya Kaushik, Rajesh Sharma, Shivam Sharma Sr, Sarthak Ranjan, Pratyush Singh, Sarang Rawat, Himmat Singh, Arjun Gupta, Pradeep Malik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test