Delhi Police to apply for cancelling Sreesanth`s bail
New Delhi: Delhi Police will apply for cancelling the bail of cricketer Sreesanth and 20 others who are allegedly involved in the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal.
"We are filing a chargesheet in the IPL spot-fixing case today (Tuesday) and we will apply for the cancellation of bail of all 21 accused including Sreesanth," S.N. Srivastava, special commissioner of police (Special Cell) told IANS.
Till now, 29 people had been arrested in the IPL spot fixing case. Twenty-one of them are on bail, while eight are in judicial custody.
Three Rajasthan Royals players - Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila - were arrested by Delhi Police from Mumbai, May 16. While Sreesanth and Chavan are out on bail, Chandila is still languishing in Tihar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on