Delhi Police to question Rajasthan Royals owners, skipper Dravid
New Delhi: Delhi Police has reportedly indicated that it could widen the probe of an ongoing case of spot fixing in the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) to include questioning of the owners of the Rajasthan Royals and the team`s captain.
Shilpa Shetty Kundra and Raj Kundra, two of the owners of the Rajasthan Royals, and skipper Rahul Dravid, could be called in for questioning on the spot fixing case involving former Test fast bowler S.Sreesanth, and two other team players -- Ankit Chavan and Ajit Chandila.
Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar has given the green signal for widening the probe.
Sources say that, may 3 match between Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders may also be probed for possible spot fixing.
The decision to widen the probe comes after Kumar said that all of the accused are cooperating with Special Cell investigations.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has called a meeting of its Working Committee on Sunday (May 19) in Chennai to discuss the issue, following which further action against the players could be announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog