Delhi Vs Punjab : Statistical highlights
Dharamsala: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Delhi Daredevils and Kings XI Punjab on Sunday.
• Shaun Marsh and Paul Valthaty have shared a secondwicket stand of 102 - Punjab`s highest for any wicket against Delhi in the IPL, eclipsing the 72 for the second wicket between Adam Gilchrist and Shaun Marsh at Delhi on April 23, 2011.
• Valthaty has become the top run-getter in the fourth edition of the IPL - 438 at an average of 39.81 in 12 games, including one century and two fifties.
• Valthaty has bettered Chris Gayle`s aggregate of 436 at an average of 87.20, including two hundreds and one fifty, in seven matches in the IPL 2011.
• David Warner (305 at an average of 25.41) became the third Delhi batsman to complete 300 runs in the IPL 4, joining Virender Sehwag (424) and Venugopal Rao (336).
• Irfan Pathan has bagged 58 wickets at an average of 26.03 in 55 matches in the IPL. His aggregate is bettered only by Rudra Pratap Singh (62) and Lasith Malinga (60).
• Naman Ojha, during the course of his 28 off 28 balls, has completed his 1000 runs in Twenty20, aggregating 1008 (ave.21.44) in 52 games.
• Adam Gilchrist`s tally of 47 dismissals (32 catches + 15 stumpings) in 58 matches is the most in the IPL.
• Kings XI Punjab are placed fifth at the Points table. They have won six and lost six out of twelve contested.
• Morne Morkel (16 not out off six balls) has recorded his best innings in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• Piyush Chawla (3/16) has produced his best bowling figures in the IPL/Twenty20.
• Chawla has bagged 53 wickets at an average of 25.18 in 53 matches in the IPL.
• Chawla has received his second Man of the Match award in the IPL.
• Chawla became the most successful bowler for Kings XI Punjab, taking 12 wickets at 22.58 runs apiece. He is followed by Ryan Harris - 12 at 26.58 and Praveen Kumar – 10 at 30.80.
• Shaun Marsh (412 at an average of 37.45) is the sixth batsmen to aggregate 400 runs or more in the fourth edition of the IPL, joining Valthaty (438), Gayle (436), Sehwag (424), Tendulkar (408) and Kohli (402).
• Marsh`s aggregate of 1175 (ave.51.08) in 27 matches is the highest for Kings XI Punjab in the IPL. His tally includes one century and ten fifties.
• Marsh has completed his 2,000 runs in Twenty20, totalling 2043 at an average of 43.46 in 54 matches, including two hundreds and 15 fifties.
• Delhi Daredevils became the first side to lose nine games in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• Punjab have won five and lost three out of eight played against Delhi in the IPL - success % 62.50
• Punjab have won their first IPL match at HPCA Stadium, Dharamsala, having lost their first two matches - by 5 wickets to Hyderabad on April 16, 2010 and by 6 wickets to Chennai on April 18, 2010.
• Valthaty`s tally of 19 sixes is the second best in the IPL 4, behind Gayle`s 32.
• Pathan became the second Delhi bowler to take 10 wickets or more in the IPL 4 - 11 at an average of 31.27 in 13 matches. Morne Morkel has bagged 13 wickets at 25.00 runs apiece in 11 matches.