Delighted to witness Virat receive Arjuna award, says Rajiv Shukla
New Delhi: Senior BCCI official and union minister Rajiv Shukla on Saturday expressed his happiness for talented Virat Kohli being conferred with the prestigious Arjuna award.
"I was immensely delighted to witness Virat being conferred with the prestigious Arjuna Award today. The award serves as a true testament to the exhilarating performances exhibited by him consistently in all forms of the game," Shukla, who was present at the Rashtrapati Bhavan during the ceremony stated.
Shukla also took the opportumity to praise Kohli`s captaincy during last month`s tour of Zimbabwe where he led the side to a 5-0 series victory.
"It is also noteworthy to heap praise on his cricketing nous which was displayed during the Virat-fuelled Zimbabwe tour success," Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested