Denesh Ramdin raring to make his recall count
St. George`s (Grenada): West Indies wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin says he has been working overtime with bat and gloves to bolster his preparations for the three-match One Day International (ODI) series against Zimbabwe which bowls off at the national stadium here Friday.
The experienced 27-year-old has been recalled after missing the last two One-Day trips to Bangladesh last December and the ODI series in Australia earlier this month.
"I am mentally and physically ready for this challenge. My form is `there` and I am feeling confident with the bat and I have been working twice as hard to make sure I get runs when I`m out in the middle," said Ramdin, who has made 94 One-Day appearances for the Windies since his debut in 2005.
"Behind the stumps, I worked overtime to make sure that I was fit and ready when the selectors called on me."
Ramdin joined team-mates during a full training session Wednesday at the Grenada National Stadium, where the three-match rubber will be played Friday, Sunday and next Tuesday.
The series will mark a return of international cricket to the Spice Isle for the first time since 2009.
"It`s wonderful to be back in the West Indies One-Day colours and I`m looking to grab this opportunity with both hands," Ramdin told WICB Media.
"I have been away from the ODI scene but I have been doing well in Test cricket. I had some good performances last year, so I am looking to transfer that into the One-Day format, starting with these matches against Zimbabwe."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog