Deodhar: Surya Yadav replaces injured Nayar in West squad
Mumbai: Attacking middle-order batsman Suryakumar Yadav has replaced his Mumbai teammate Abhishek Nayar in the West Zone squad for the Prof D B Deodhar Trophy tournament commencing in Vishakapatnam from Sunday.
The replacement was necessitated due to an injury sustained by Nayar, according to Mumbai Cricket Association Joint Secretary P V Shetty.
Shetty, however, did not elaborate on the nature of Nayar`s injury.
West, to be led by Saurashtra and India batsman Cheteshwar Pujara, are the defending champions and bidding for a hat-trick of titles in the annual 50-over inter-zonal tournament.
The West Zone has won the title on 11 occasions previously.
West have been given a bye into the semi-finals of the tournament, which concludes on March 27.
Meanwhile, the all-India T20 tournament for Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy will be held in Mumbai and Rajkot from April 8 to 14, according to sources.
The league phase will be organised between April 8 and 12 followed by the final here on April 14.
Two teams from each of the five zones would qualify for the all-India phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway