Devon Smith eyes the Sir Vivian Richards Award
St. John`s (Antigua): Windward Islands opening batsman Devon Smith remains the leading run scorer ahead of the next round of matches in the Caribbean`s four-day and Super 50 competitions.
Smith has totalled 456 runs in four-day format at an average of 76, becoming the leading contender for the Sir Vivian Richards Award for batsman.
The 31-year-old Grenadian left-handed stroke-maker has also added another 203 runs in the Super 50 at an average of 67.67.
The former West Indies opener, who currently tops the charts in both formats, says his goal is to score a few more centuries and surpass 800 runs in the four-day season this year.
He already has two centuries under his belt in the four-day format and one in the Super 50.
Guyana`s Leon Johnson is second on four-day batting table with 299 runs followed by Barbados` Kirk Edwards on 269 runs.
Another Grenadian, Andre Fletcher, has the second most runs in the Super50 with a total of 171.
Meantime, Smith`s Windward Islands teammate and West Indies off spinner Shane Shillingford is leading the charge to collect the Courtney Walsh Award for the bowling taking the most wickets in the four day tournament.
Shillingford has 24 scalps at an average of 15.67 and a best innings haul of 7 for 63 and is followed by left-arm spinners Nikita Miller 19 wickets, and Veerasammy Permaul 18 wickets.
In the shorter version, Combined Campuses and Colleges and former West Indies Under 19 spinner Derone Davis has the most wickets.
The Trinidadian has bagged nine wickets from four matches with a best for three for 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened