Devon Smith eyes the Sir Vivian Richards Award
St. John`s (Antigua): Windward Islands opening batsman Devon Smith remains the leading run scorer ahead of the next round of matches in the Caribbean`s four-day and Super 50 competitions.
Smith has totalled 456 runs in four-day format at an average of 76, becoming the leading contender for the Sir Vivian Richards Award for batsman.
The 31-year-old Grenadian left-handed stroke-maker has also added another 203 runs in the Super 50 at an average of 67.67.
The former West Indies opener, who currently tops the charts in both formats, says his goal is to score a few more centuries and surpass 800 runs in the four-day season this year.
He already has two centuries under his belt in the four-day format and one in the Super 50.
Guyana`s Leon Johnson is second on four-day batting table with 299 runs followed by Barbados` Kirk Edwards on 269 runs.
Another Grenadian, Andre Fletcher, has the second most runs in the Super50 with a total of 171.
Meantime, Smith`s Windward Islands teammate and West Indies off spinner Shane Shillingford is leading the charge to collect the Courtney Walsh Award for the bowling taking the most wickets in the four day tournament.
Shillingford has 24 scalps at an average of 15.67 and a best innings haul of 7 for 63 and is followed by left-arm spinners Nikita Miller 19 wickets, and Veerasammy Permaul 18 wickets.
In the shorter version, Combined Campuses and Colleges and former West Indies Under 19 spinner Derone Davis has the most wickets.
The Trinidadian has bagged nine wickets from four matches with a best for three for 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of BJP govt: PM Modi to address rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues