Devon Smith eyes the Sir Vivian Richards Award
St. John`s (Antigua): Windward Islands opening batsman Devon Smith remains the leading run scorer ahead of the next round of matches in the Caribbean`s four-day and Super 50 competitions.
Smith has totalled 456 runs in four-day format at an average of 76, becoming the leading contender for the Sir Vivian Richards Award for batsman.
The 31-year-old Grenadian left-handed stroke-maker has also added another 203 runs in the Super 50 at an average of 67.67.
The former West Indies opener, who currently tops the charts in both formats, says his goal is to score a few more centuries and surpass 800 runs in the four-day season this year.
He already has two centuries under his belt in the four-day format and one in the Super 50.
Guyana`s Leon Johnson is second on four-day batting table with 299 runs followed by Barbados` Kirk Edwards on 269 runs.
Another Grenadian, Andre Fletcher, has the second most runs in the Super50 with a total of 171.
Meantime, Smith`s Windward Islands teammate and West Indies off spinner Shane Shillingford is leading the charge to collect the Courtney Walsh Award for the bowling taking the most wickets in the four day tournament.
Shillingford has 24 scalps at an average of 15.67 and a best innings haul of 7 for 63 and is followed by left-arm spinners Nikita Miller 19 wickets, and Veerasammy Permaul 18 wickets.
In the shorter version, Combined Campuses and Colleges and former West Indies Under 19 spinner Derone Davis has the most wickets.
The Trinidadian has bagged nine wickets from four matches with a best for three for 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Wimbledon loss cannot overshadow the results that I`ve had in the past 15 months: Novak Djokovic
- Navjot Singh Sidhu to announce joining AAP today?
- STOP THIS VIOLENCE! Dalit youths beaten up by 25 people in Maharashtra's Beed for overtaking
- Nintendo shares plunge 17% on Pokemon Go warning
- Relief for Salman Khan as Rajasthan High Court acquits him in two chinkara poaching cases