Dhawan`s blistering 248 takes India to mammoth 433/3
Pretoria: Shikhar Dhawan stroked his way to a blistering 248 off just 150 balls as India `A` posted a mammoth 433 for three against South Africa `A` in the virtual semifinal match of the tri-series involving `A` teams here on Monday.
Dhawan hit 30 fours and seven sixes in his stunning knock at the LC de Villiers Oval in India`s last round-robin league match. Australia `A` are already through to the Wednesday`s final match.
The 27-year-old Dhawan missed out on a world record feat by just 20 runs.
The Delhi batsman, who holds the world record of hitting the fastest century on Test debut, became the second highest individual scorer in the history of List A games (limited overs matches) behind former England and Surrey batsman Alistair Brown.
Brown had scored 268 for Surrey against Glamorgan at Oval back on July 19, 2002.
Dhawan shared 285 runs with captain Cheteshwar Pujara (109) for the second wicket from only 33.2 overs as India butchered the home side bowlers to submission after the visiting side opted to bat.
Pujara`s 97-ball unbeaten ton was laced with eight fours. The other opener Murali Vijay chipped in with a 37-ball 40.
Rusty Theron was the most expensive bowler as he conceded 98 runs in his 10 overs though he took a wicket. Hardus Viljoen conceded 94 runs in his eight overs while also grabbing a wicket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray