Dhoni climbs to fourth spot in ICC ODI players ranking
Dubai: India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has returned to the top five in the latest ICC Player Rankings for ODI batsmen following his consistent performance with the bat in the recently-concluded three-match ODI series against Pakistan.
Although India lost the series 1-2, Dhoni scored 203 runs in three games, including a century, and that helped him move up two places to fourth position in the chart.
Other Indians to have made upward movements are Suresh Raina in 26th (up by one) spot and Yuvraj Singh, who re-entered the rankings in 41st position.
However, Virat Kohli has climbed down a place to third with 824 points.
Meanwhile, Pakistan opener Nasir Jamshed has made the biggest move in the batting table, jumping 45 places to 31st spot. He was the top run-getter in the series from either side with 241 runs that included back-to-back centuries in Chennai and Kolkata.
Nasir`s exploits fetched him a career best ratings of 588 points.
The batting table is still headed by South Africa`s Hashim Amla followed by teammate AB de Villiers in second.
In the ICC Player Rankings for ODI bowlers, Ravichandran Ashwin is the lone Indian to figure in the list of top 20. He, however, has lost two position to be lying at seventh spot in the latest rankings released today.
India paceman Ishant Sharma has jumped 24 places to 72nd.
Pakistani duo of Saeed Ajmal and Mohammad Hafeez are the top two bowlers in the table.
Number-one ranked, Ajmal scalped eight wickets in the series at an average of 10.75, which has helped him achieve his career-best rating of 801 points.
India`s Ravindra Jadeja has climbed two places to seventh in the all-rounders` list, which is headed by Mohammad Hafeez, who has claimed the number one spot following his combined effort with the bat and the ball during the India-Pakistan ODI series. He struck 97 runs with the bat and took three wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti