Dhoni felicitated for World Cup win
Ranchi: Mahendra Singh Dhoni was felicitated in his home state on Saturday for the tremendous feat of leading the side to cricket World Cup victory after 28 years.
"Though I wished to come to Ranchi after winning the cup, the IPL fixture didn’t allow me. But now, I am happy to be back in my home town," Dhoni said after being felicitated by Jharkhand Deputy chief Minister Sudesh Kumar Mahto.
Dhoni will visit the Mahashakti temple at nearby Deori for offering prayers to his deity on Sunday and will the leave for Mumbai to shoot a commercial.
"After winning the World Cup and wishing a successful stint of the Indian team in the West Indies tour, the captain will visit Deori and then leave for Mumbai," confirmed a family member of `Mahi`.
Dhoni was accompanied by wife Sakshi Singh Rawat at the felicitation.
Memento and shawl were presented to `captain cool` in the low key affair with some ministers and politicians also in attendance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights