Dhoni felicitated for World Cup win
Ranchi: Mahendra Singh Dhoni was felicitated in his home state on Saturday for the tremendous feat of leading the side to cricket World Cup victory after 28 years.
"Though I wished to come to Ranchi after winning the cup, the IPL fixture didn’t allow me. But now, I am happy to be back in my home town," Dhoni said after being felicitated by Jharkhand Deputy chief Minister Sudesh Kumar Mahto.
Dhoni will visit the Mahashakti temple at nearby Deori for offering prayers to his deity on Sunday and will the leave for Mumbai to shoot a commercial.
"After winning the World Cup and wishing a successful stint of the Indian team in the West Indies tour, the captain will visit Deori and then leave for Mumbai," confirmed a family member of `Mahi`.
Dhoni was accompanied by wife Sakshi Singh Rawat at the felicitation.
Memento and shawl were presented to `captain cool` in the low key affair with some ministers and politicians also in attendance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended