Dhoni felicitated for World Cup win
Ranchi: Mahendra Singh Dhoni was felicitated in his home state on Saturday for the tremendous feat of leading the side to cricket World Cup victory after 28 years.
"Though I wished to come to Ranchi after winning the cup, the IPL fixture didn’t allow me. But now, I am happy to be back in my home town," Dhoni said after being felicitated by Jharkhand Deputy chief Minister Sudesh Kumar Mahto.
Dhoni will visit the Mahashakti temple at nearby Deori for offering prayers to his deity on Sunday and will the leave for Mumbai to shoot a commercial.
"After winning the World Cup and wishing a successful stint of the Indian team in the West Indies tour, the captain will visit Deori and then leave for Mumbai," confirmed a family member of `Mahi`.
Dhoni was accompanied by wife Sakshi Singh Rawat at the felicitation.
Memento and shawl were presented to `captain cool` in the low key affair with some ministers and politicians also in attendance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?