Dhoni, Harbhajan, Sehwag go topless for Pepsi`s new World Cup ad
New Delhi: Guess who`s taken their shirts off to wear their passion on their bodies! Led by their captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, leading Indian superstars, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh, Suresh Raina and Virat Kohli will sport a never-seen-before painted body look for Pepsi`s path-breaking World Cup 2011 campaign to be launched soon.
Pepsi is one of the global sponsors for the World Cup and the body paint campaign is an attempt to bring alive the passion that these cricketers have for their game, says Sandeep Singh Arora, executive vice-president (Marketing), Cola, PepsiCo India.
``Cricket is more than just a game in India, it is like a faith and its followers include millions of passionate Youngistaanis. With our innovative Cricket World Cup campaign we wanted to reflect the same fervor and energy that the fans and the players have and what can be more passionate than wearing it on your body,`` he said in a media release.
The new body painted look is youthful, fresh and symbolic of the individual player`s passion for the game. Covered only with a layer of colourful body paint, the cricketers` images reflect their energetic and unique persona on the field. Each design and choice of colour palette has a story behind it which mirrors the athlete`s character.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation