Dhoni has a strong track record, says Shukla
Ranchi: Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s achievements reflect his strong track record, Union Minister and BCCI vice-president Rajeev Shukla said on Sunday.
"Dhoni`s track record has been strong. Under him Team India won the World Cup, T20-twenty World Cup and Team India was also listed at the top Test playing country," Shukla, who is the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, told reporters when asked to comment over Dhoni`s captaincy following the debacle in the just concluded series down under.
Shukla, who was here in connection with a book release function, said one should not criticise anybody following a single setback.
On the alleged controversy that had surrounded between Dhoni and Virendra Sehwag, he said it was a media creation. He did not give a direct reply when asked whether the BCCI would ponder over rotation system for various versions of the game, saying it was the team management comprising captain, coach and others to decide upon the playing-XI out of the 15 available cricketers.
Shukla also expressed optimism that the ICC would soon approve Ranchi to host an international match at the newly constructed cricket stadium in the state capital this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city