Dhoni has transformed Rohit Sharma`s career: Ganguly
Kolkata: All the credit in transforming Rohit Sharma into a stupendous batsman goes to Mahendra Singh Dhoni, former skipper Sourav Ganguly said on Sunday.
Sharma, about whom it was said that he has not realised his true potential, has now cemented his place in the Indian team with a consistent stellar show as an opener in ODIs.
Sharma`s career got a new lease of life after skipper Dhoni experimented and made him an opener.
"He`s made Rohit Sharma into a player. No Indian player would have played 100 ODI games without playing a Test. He would not have got an opportunity. Now we sit back and say, how good a player Sharma is. He`s got time and ability. You got to give credit to Dhoni. In the past, players have come and gone away because of lack of opportunity and belief."
Talking about his own captaincy days, Ganguly said he was very satisfied with what he did.
"As captain, you take decision and you have to face the consequences. When I sit back and see my days as captain and when I see where the Indian cricket has gone, I don`t worry about it. I`m happy that the Indian cricket has gone forward. That`s what matters. I was not there to make anyone happy or sad. I was there to do a job and make sure the Indian cricket gets forward," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail