Dhoni is a suitable Test captain: Azharuddin
Lohardaga: Former India skipper Mohammad Azharuddin said that Mahendra Singh Dhoni was suitable for Test captaincy and there was no need for a change in leadership.
"Dhoni is a good player and worthy for captaincy. The time has not come for a change in captaincy of Team India," Azharuddin told reporters.
Dhoni might be under some sort of pressure, but India would bounce back in the coming days, Azharuddin said in the wake of their eight consecutive Test defeat on foreign soil.
"Cricket is a game of uncertainty. Win and loss are part of the game, which brings a team under pressure. But Team India`s performance will definitely be better in the coming days," Azharuddin, who was here in connection with the prize distribution ceremony of a local sporting event, said.
Dismissing a section of cricketing fraternity that suggested some senior players to retire, Azharuddin said no player should contemplate on quitting the game. He also wished little master Sachin Tendulkar to notch his century of centuries at the earliest.
"Sachin`s 99th was a beautiful century. His hundredth will come soon," Azharuddin, who played 99 Test matches before retiring from the game, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried