Dhoni named in India Cements squad for Corporate Trophy
New Delhi: India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named in the India Cements squad for the BCCI Corporate Trophy which will be played from February 1-8 even after he made it clear that he wanted a break during Irani Trophy which was being played from February 6-10.
India Cements are the owners of IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings of which Dhoni has been the captain since 2008 and incidentally BCCI president N Srinivasan is the MD cum vice-chairman of the company.
The squad list of India Cements has Dhoni`s name and interestingly, it`s the last name in that list.
Dhoni has earlier played in Corporate Cup for national carrier Air India but since then has resigned from the company.
Air India Sports Promotional Board secretary Dilip Pinge informed ESPN Cricinfo,"He used to be employed with (the airline) Indian before it was merged into Air India. The Delhi office forwarded his resignation letter to us (Mumbai office) around four months ago. As a result, there was no question of considering him for the Corporate Trophy."
The Corporate Trophy will be held in four cities - Pune, Nagpur, Indore and Raipur - from February 1 to 8. The Irani Trophy will be held in Mumbai from February 6 to 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`