Dhoni named in India Cements squad for Corporate Trophy
New Delhi: India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named in the India Cements squad for the BCCI Corporate Trophy which will be played from February 1-8 even after he made it clear that he wanted a break during Irani Trophy which was being played from February 6-10.
India Cements are the owners of IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings of which Dhoni has been the captain since 2008 and incidentally BCCI president N Srinivasan is the MD cum vice-chairman of the company.
The squad list of India Cements has Dhoni`s name and interestingly, it`s the last name in that list.
Dhoni has earlier played in Corporate Cup for national carrier Air India but since then has resigned from the company.
Air India Sports Promotional Board secretary Dilip Pinge informed ESPN Cricinfo,"He used to be employed with (the airline) Indian before it was merged into Air India. The Delhi office forwarded his resignation letter to us (Mumbai office) around four months ago. As a result, there was no question of considering him for the Corporate Trophy."
The Corporate Trophy will be held in four cities - Pune, Nagpur, Indore and Raipur - from February 1 to 8. The Irani Trophy will be held in Mumbai from February 6 to 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Amitabh Bachchan to bat for girl child rights at Modi's achievement bash
- Zareen Khan credits Bollywood innings to Salman Khan
- From Eden to Nabanna: Minister Laxmi Shukla "ready" for 2nd innings
- Lalu, Farooq Abdullah bat for secular front against BJP
- Tata Group enters e-commerce market with apparel, electronics website