Dhoni should disassociate himself from managemt firm: Savant
New Delhi: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s alleged conflict of interest situation has not gone down well with the BCCI with its new treasurer Ravi Savant saying that he should immediately disassociate himself from the company.
Savant said that Dhoni should be given a notice for conflict of interest if it was not part of his contract earlier.
Dhoni found himself in a controversy when it came to light that he had 15 per cent stake in Rhiti Sports, which also manages Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Pragyan Ojha, besides the Indian captain.
However, the firm has made it clear that Dhoni was a shareholder only for a brief period, and currently has no stakes.
"Dhoni should immediately disassociate himself from the management firm while he is captain. Dhoni should be given a notice for conflict of interest if this was not part of his contract earlier," Savant said.
The BCCI had said that it would look into the issue of conflict of interest after the Champions Trophy was over.
"I don`t want to disturb the team during the Champions Trophy. I gain nothing by doing that. We have taken note of the issue. We are looking into it but we are not going to hound someone," BCCI`s interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya had told a press conference here yesterday.
Rhiti Sports management was set up and run by Dhoni`s long-time friend Arun Pandey, who played three first-class matches.
In 2010, Dhoni signed up with Rhiti Sports reportedly for Rs 210 crore, an average of Rs 70 crore a year, the costliest deal in Indian cricket.
Interestingly, two of these players -- Raina and Jadeja -- are part of the same IPL franchise, the Chennai Super Kings, which is also captained by Dhoni.
Ojha had joined Rhiti Sports during Australia`s last tour of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi