Dhoni takes Mishra to cleaners during net session
Fatullah: There was a feeling of deja vu as Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today took Mahendra Singh Dhoni to the cleaners during a net session here, much like former skipper Sourav Ganguly would do with Murali Kartik a few years ago.
In 10 balls during a particular phase, Dhoni hit Mishra for half a dozen sixes and at least four boundaries which could qualify as near-about maximums.
The manner in which Dhoni hammered Mishra into submission could be a reason as to why the skipper is reluctant on inducting the portly Haryana leggie into the playing XI.
Ganguly, in his heydays, was brutal on left-arm spinners. Many believe that it is precisely the reason Kartik`s Test career ended with just eight matches between 2000 and 2004 as the `Prince of Calcutta` never faced any problems while facing him at the nets.
Ganguly had on numerous times clobbered Kartik in domestic matches. And with Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh in his ranks, Ganguly never considered Kartik a good enough option in either domestic or foreign conditions.
One felt the same while watching Dhoni bat against Mishra when the Indian team trained ahead of their World T20 warm-up game against England.
A few were hit towards the cow corner while some were clear straight hits and a few lofted in the region between deep extra-cover and long off.
Not even once was Mishra successful in troubling Dhoni. While he hadn`t batted during the last net session and also during the first warm-up game yesterday, there was no rustiness as he took on both pacers and spinners with aplomb.
Most of the players looked jaded in the sapping afternoon heat. One of the senior batsmen, while returning to the pavilion, said that it`s unbearable out there in the middle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands