Did Sports Ministry deliberately snub cricketers for Arjuna Awards?
New Delhi: The BCCI on Thursday officially made it clear that it did not receive any form from the Sports Ministry for nominating cricketers for the Arjuna and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards.
"We wish to clarify that unlike every year, the BCCI has not received any forms for nominating cricketers for the Arjuna and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards of the Government of India," BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement on Thursday.
"It has been the practice of the Sports Ministry to send the forms well in advance to the BCCI to nominate in the given format, which includes the players` acceptance and the BCCI`s recommendation.
"Under the circumstances, the BCCI is not in a position to recommend deserving cricketers for the awards like every year," the statement further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman