Did Sports Ministry deliberately snub cricketers for Arjuna Awards?
New Delhi: The BCCI on Thursday officially made it clear that it did not receive any form from the Sports Ministry for nominating cricketers for the Arjuna and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards.
"We wish to clarify that unlike every year, the BCCI has not received any forms for nominating cricketers for the Arjuna and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards of the Government of India," BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement on Thursday.
"It has been the practice of the Sports Ministry to send the forms well in advance to the BCCI to nominate in the given format, which includes the players` acceptance and the BCCI`s recommendation.
"Under the circumstances, the BCCI is not in a position to recommend deserving cricketers for the awards like every year," the statement further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert