Did Sports Ministry deliberately snub cricketers for Arjuna Awards?
New Delhi: The BCCI on Thursday officially made it clear that it did not receive any form from the Sports Ministry for nominating cricketers for the Arjuna and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards.
"We wish to clarify that unlike every year, the BCCI has not received any forms for nominating cricketers for the Arjuna and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards of the Government of India," BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement on Thursday.
"It has been the practice of the Sports Ministry to send the forms well in advance to the BCCI to nominate in the given format, which includes the players` acceptance and the BCCI`s recommendation.
"Under the circumstances, the BCCI is not in a position to recommend deserving cricketers for the awards like every year," the statement further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row