Didn`t get enough love and respect in West Indies: Gayle
Chennai: Overwhelmed by the adulation of the fans during the IPL, West Indies batsman Chris Gayle today said the love and respect he has got during the Twenty20 event here eludes him back home.
"Its amazing I can score no runs and still be love & appreciated round the World!! Never get these sort of luv and respect in West Indies!!!," the Royal Challengers Bangalore batsman wrote on his twitter page referring to the duck he got in the IPL final loss to Chennai Super Kings last night.
The opener, who almost single-handedly steered his team to the IPL 4 final, could not work his magic in the finals but managed to bag the Orange Cap for maximum number of runs in this season of the tournament -- 608 from 12 matches.
While Gayle ended up on the losing side, his fellow West Indian player – all-rounder Dwayne Bravo -- who is a part of the Chennai Super Kings outfit finished on a high.
And Gayle admitted that while Bravo tasted victory, he is also celebrating RCB`s successful campaign in the fourth edition of the cash-rich event.
"The party must go on...it was 3 WI players in finals, but at least 1 WI player taste IPL championship! Bravo..big up!! All 3 celebrating!!!," tweeted Gayle after the final match.
Interestingly, Gayle had gone unsold in the players` auction and was called in by RCB as an injury replacement. His coming to the event irked the West Indies Cricket Board, which accused the player of going without permission.
Gayle, in turn, alleged that the WICB left him to fend for himself during the injury problems he faced after the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog