Dilshan fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct
Colombo: Sri Lankan batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan was fined 10 per cent of his match fee after being found guilty of breaching the ICC code of conduct by appealing repeatedly and celebrating a dismissal excessively during the second Test against England here.
"Tillakaratne Dilshan has been fined 10 per cent of his match fee after being found guilty of breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during the second Test between his side and England at the P Sara Oval, Colombo on Thursday," the ICC said in a statement.
Dilshan was charged with a Level 1 offence, contrary to clause 2.1.5 which covers "excessive appealing and excessive shall include a) repeated appeal of the same decision/appeal and b) celebrating a dismissal before the decision has been given."
Dilshan pleaded guilty to the offence and accepted the proposed sanction so there was no need for a formal hearing. The incident took place during the England first innings with Sri Lanka bowling.
In the 89th over, after delivering the ball, Dilshan ran towards the striker`s end celebrating a dismissal before the decision had been given. When he reached the other end he turned around and appealed repeatedly.
"Dilshan accepted the charge and the penalty imposed without qualms and so there was no need for a formal hearing," match referee Javagal Srinath said.
The charge was laid by on-field umpires Asad Rauf and Bruce Oxenford and third umpire Rod Tucker as well as fourth official Ranmore Martinesz.
All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player`s match fee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate