Dilshan guides Sri Lanka to 6-wicket win over Proteas in final T20
Hambantota: Sri Lanka won the final Twenty20 international against South Africa by six wickets in Hambantota on Tuesday to retain their number one ranking in the shortest format.
Sri Lanka put on a spirited chase of South Africa`s commanding 163-3 and won with 11 balls to spare as Tillakaratne Dilshan hit an unbeaten 74 off 51 balls.
South Africa won the series 2-1.
Sri Lanka would have slipped to number three behind Pakistan and South Africa had they been whitewashed 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!