Dilshan lifts Sri Lanka in rain-hit one-dayer
Dambulla (Sri Lanka), Nov 16 (AFP) Tillakaratne Dilshan hit 53 as Sri Lanka scored 211-8 from 33 overs in the rain-interrupted third and final one-day international against New Zealand in Dambulla on Saturday.
The match, delayed by 90 minutes due to bad weather, had been earlier truncated to 43 overs-a-side before another wet spell reduced it further to 33 overs each.
Sri Lanka, who were 91-0 at one stage following Dilshan`s opening partnership with Mahela Jayawardene, slipped to 110-4 and then 146-6 against the steady Black Caps attack.
Nathan McCullum removed Jayawardene (46) and Kumar Sangakkara in three balls, before left-arm seamer Mitchell McClenaghan dismissed Dilshan and skipper Angelo Mathews off successive balls.
The ninth-wicket pair of Sachithra Senanayake and Rangana Herath boosted the total by smashing 18 runs in the final over bowled by seamer Andrew Ellis.
Sri Lanka need a win to draw the series 1-1 after New Zealand won the second game in Hambantota on Tuesday. The first match was rained off.
New Zealand will round off their short two-week tour with two Twenty20 internationals in Pallekele on November 19 and 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- Ministry instilled confidence among minorities: Najma Heptulla
- Two-third people happy with Modi government: Survey
- CBI raids Visva Bharati varsity, officers' residences
- Substantial decline in riots and communal incidents: Naqvi
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am