Dilshan lifts Sri Lanka in rain-hit one-dayer
Dambulla (Sri Lanka), Nov 16 (AFP) Tillakaratne Dilshan hit 53 as Sri Lanka scored 211-8 from 33 overs in the rain-interrupted third and final one-day international against New Zealand in Dambulla on Saturday.
The match, delayed by 90 minutes due to bad weather, had been earlier truncated to 43 overs-a-side before another wet spell reduced it further to 33 overs each.
Sri Lanka, who were 91-0 at one stage following Dilshan`s opening partnership with Mahela Jayawardene, slipped to 110-4 and then 146-6 against the steady Black Caps attack.
Nathan McCullum removed Jayawardene (46) and Kumar Sangakkara in three balls, before left-arm seamer Mitchell McClenaghan dismissed Dilshan and skipper Angelo Mathews off successive balls.
The ninth-wicket pair of Sachithra Senanayake and Rangana Herath boosted the total by smashing 18 runs in the final over bowled by seamer Andrew Ellis.
Sri Lanka need a win to draw the series 1-1 after New Zealand won the second game in Hambantota on Tuesday. The first match was rained off.
New Zealand will round off their short two-week tour with two Twenty20 internationals in Pallekele on November 19 and 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Cristiano steps up to the rescue of "Criticism Ronaldo" at Euro 2016
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'