Dilshan ruled out Windies tri-series
London: Sri Lankan batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan has been ruled out of the Celkon Mobile Cup tri-series in the West Indies, which includes India, starting June 28.
Dilshan injured his right calf during the Champions Trophy semi-final against India in Cardiff Thursday.
Scans revealed Dilshan had suffered a second degree tear and has been advised four to six weeks of recovery time, a Sri Lankan team spokesperson has said.
Dilshan’s replacement is expected to be announced Friday and is likely to be picked from the Sri Lanka A team currently touring the Caribbean.
Dilshan had looked positive against India, even hitting consecutive boundaries against Umesh Yadav but seemed to have been in immediate pain after he tried to flick a delivery to midwicket in the same over, pulling the calf muscle.
Though he took painkillers, the pain forced him to retire hurt the next over.
Dilshan then returned in the penultimate over of the innings but was rendered unfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India