Dilshan slams ton, Lanka defeat New Zealand by 7 wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
A brilliant ton from Dilshan helped Sri Lanka defeat New Zealand by 7 wickets in the third ODI match played between the two sides at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium on Tuesday.
It was yet another rain affected match in which BJ Watling played a fine knock of 96 runs but none of the other Kiwi batsmen could manage to stay at the crease for long and they scored 188 runs in 33 overs.
The home team chased down a revised target of 197 with 7 wickets remaining as Tillakaratne Dilshan led the way with 102 not out.
The Kiwi bowlers had a tough time as Dilshan and Mathews (54 not out) added 127 runs for the third wicket to reach the target with 11 balls remaining.
With this win, the Lankans have extended their lead to 2-0 with two matches remaining. The fourth ODI will be played in Hambantota on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31