Dinda adjudged `cricketer of the year` by CAB
Kolkata: Pacer Ashok Dinda, who returned with 67 wickets last season, was today adjudged `Cricketer of the Year` and `Best Bowler` by the Cricket Association of Bengal.
Dinda will be jointly given the Best Cricketer honour along with former captain and all-rounder Laxmi Ratan Shukla at the annual function on July 22 with legendary left-arm spinner Bishan Singh Bedi as the chief guest.
The duo were instrumental in Bengal`s triumph in the domestic one-dayers for the Vijay Hazare Trophy. The Bengal pace spearhead was the top wicket-taker (22) to help East Zone win the Duleep Trophy last season, while in the Ranji Trophy (Elite) he had a haul of 37 to finish second behind tainted MP pacer Taduri Prakash Sudhindra.
The CAB at its working committee also decided to confer former India football captain as well as Bengal cricket captain Chuni Goswami with the Lifetime Achievemet award, while Anustup Majumdar will be Gentleman Cricketer and Jayojit Basu as Best U-22 cricketer of the 2011-12 season.
Best woman cricketer will be given to India international Archana Das and Antara Jana the Best in the under-19 section.
Incidentally, in 2006-07, Manoj Tiwary and medium pacer Ranadeb Bose had shared the `Cricketer of The Year` awards from CAB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees