‘Disappointed’ Starc says dropping him for Boxing Day Test ‘right’ for team
Sydney: Australia fast bowler Mitchell Starc has claimed the decision to rest him for the Boxing Day Test against Sri Lanka at the MCG was right for the team although he was disappointed with it.
The young left-arm pacer is expected to return to the side for the final Test against Sri Lanka at the SCG later this week and it will be his first Test at his home ground, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Starc was philosophical about missing out on what would have been his first Boxing Day Test in Melbourne, which finished in just over two and a half days on Friday.
Starc said if the Test match went for five days the he could have ended up bowling 50 overs or 40 overs, and added that after keeping all this in mind he thinks it was the right decision for the team at the time.
Starc had said last week that he was shattered to miss the Boxing Day showdown, but he now feels the decision was right for him and the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt